Silicone Modeling Compound for Wound, Scar, and Prosthetic SFX
About the product
- The Narrative Cosmetics Silicone Modeling Compound is an extremely versatile silicone product that can resurface skin, create special effects, and can even be poured into molds.
- This Silicone Modeling Compound creates realistic wounds, scars, and prosthetics, and can fill in uneven textures to smooth out skin.
- It can be thinned with 99% alcohol when uncured to blend into the skin.
- IMPORTANT: Once Part A and Part B are combined, the product will set immediately so make sure not to cross-contaminate the tongue depressors, spatulas, etc.
- Store and use at room temperature. Do not use any products that may contain sulfur or latex until the silicone has completely set.
2oz Kit = 1oz jar of part A and 1oz jar of part B.
4oz Kit = 2oz jar of part A and 2oz jar of part B.
Instructions for use
Mix the two components (A and B) with a 1:1 ratio. Transfer the combined product (before it dries) directly onto the skin or in a clean mold. If working directly on the skin, create your desired look with a sculpting tool. For a better result, use 99% isopropyl alcohol to blend the edges onto the skin while the silicone is uncured. Once the two components are combined, the silicone will cure in approximately 10 minutes (at room temperature) so you need to work fast. To expedite the drying time, we recommend using a hairdryer.
To add color before it dries, add any form of cosmetic grade pigment (a small amount at a time).
Once cured, you can color your silicone creation with acrylic paint, creme-based, or alcohol-based makeup. For a stronger hold, use any cosmetic grade silicone-based or medical adhesive and prep the skin with a primer.